Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's cold in here!



Well, it's official, winter is here! Last week I was complaining that it didn't feel like Christmas to me because there was no snow... I should of kept my mouth shot! Because of the snow, we ended up staying home instead of driving to St.Louis for Christmas :-(

Over the years, I heard a lot of "you're Canadian, you shouldn't have a problem driving in the snow, you shouldn't be cold, etc..." and my answer is always the same: "we just know how to deal with it, we're prepared!" I had the perfect example Saturday. My husband and I were wondering if we should drive to St.Louis or not. The Canadian part of me was saying; I've seen worst, and I've made it alive! But just the little bit that we drove made me change my mind. Back home, everybody have snow tires on their cars (it's the law), and the snow trucks get on the road as soon as one snow flake hits the road. That is what I'm talking about when I say "prepared".

And now that we have snow on the ground, I want to show my daughter how to make a snowman and angels. But all of my winter apparel is back home... I'm not prepared!!! That's why I decided to let my hair grow and do like the picture above, what do you think? That should help me keep me warm...

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.