Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Latest Shrek


We finally took our daughter to see her first movie last week; that was fun. We wanted to go see Toy Story 3, but it was sold out. We could have went for the 3D version, but didn't think little bit would wear the glasses. So we picked Shrek 4 instead.

Anyway, no big surprise that she was much more interested in the popcorn than the movie. It was cool to have the three of us in a movie though! However, I must say that they really phoned this one in on Shrek 4. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest Shrek fan ever anyway, but wow this was a real sleeper. I guess it doesn't help that you already know what's going to happen; Shrek gets the girl (or the ogre) and lives happily ever after.

Maybe it's Mike Meyers that's the problem? I mean, what happened to this guy? I loved the Austin Powers movies but he has kind of fallen off lately. Did anyone see that Love Guru? Sure seemed like a flop to me. Well, anyone that's been that successful deserves another chance...we'll see what happens.

Was thinking of going to see Toy Story 3 anyway, maybe that would be more age appropriate???

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.