Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our story about Halloween!


I will admit, this is not the first time we tricked or treated, but it's the first time worth mentioning.  Last year, the baby didn't like her costume and she was too shy to go to people's door to ask for candy.  This year, it was different!

It all started at the "Just Between Friends Sale" when I was looking at the Halloween costumes.  I knew we had found hers when she yelled "Cookie Monster" as I pulled the costume off the rack.  Having the right Halloween costume for her made a huge difference.  We actually started "celebrate" Halloween with the Pumpkin Palooza  at our church on Wednesday night.  After that, we got "booed" on Thursday night.  For those of you who doesn't know what it is, I'll try to do my best to explain.  We got home that night and we had a pumpkin at our door steps.  Inside the pumpkin there was some candies, a "BOO" sign and a piece of paper explaining what to do.  You have 2 days to BOO somebody else by doing the same thing; make a copy of the explanation sheet, make a BOO sign, put yours on your door and giveaway some treats.

So we got ready for the "Booing" on Saturday afternoon.  The bad thing is that you are supposed to do it secretly.  Well, it didn't happen exactly in secret.  We went to our next door neighbor to "BOO" them when they had people over :-0  The door was open and they saw us putting the pumpkin on their door steps.  Not really settle.  Anyway, our neighbors are so cool that they invited us over to carve some pumpkins.  Which ended up being really cool, since we had never done it before.  The baby "put her hand in the pumpkin", as she says it, and got somt of the "stuff" out, as least for a little bit.  Then, she got to color her own pumpkin.  OK!  I admit, I helped her a little bit ;-)

Finally, Halloween was here.  It was kind of chilly that evening, so I was very happy that "Cookie Monster" was very warm, and had a hood.  Anyway, it didn't take DD very long to realized what was going on... you go to the house, you say "trick or treat" and they give you candies.  After 2 houses, she started to say "Let's get to another house!".  But that's not it!  At the beginning, instead of saying thank you, she was saying "I Cookie Monster", like they didn't know ;-)


Bottom line, just to see her face (as shown above), it was priceless.  But I have to admit that if we wouldn't have our friends with us, it would not been as fun.  "Cleopatra" (I think that was her costume :-) was taking a very good care of my Cookie Monster.  Thank you, you were my precious little angel :-)

Now, I have only one question... what I am supposed to do with all these candies???  There is no way we are eating all that! 

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.