Thursday, November 18, 2010

Starting An Online Store - What Nobody Tells You

Just created our first hubpage!  For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's kind of like writing an article and then people comment on it.  It's pretty interesting to read some of them; we find ourselves reading on topics that we wouldn't normally read.  Anyway, here's my hub for anyone that is interested in starting an online business:

Making Money Online Is Easy, Right?

Whether you've just lost your job, you're looking to stay home with the kids, or you just want to make some extra income the thought of an online business is very exciting! However, I can tell you from experience that the excitement can wear off fast. Many of us, including myself, jumped in with both feet and almost no online business experience. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it does set you back. If only I knew then what I know now, I'd be years ahead!

The problem here isn't a lack of skills or even good products. Those can be found and even outsourced if necessary. The problem is one that many conventional businesses face; time, money, & passion. By the time you realize how many things you need to be an expert at to make it work, you are several months into the process and have already made some bad choices that may cost you severely.  So, instead of giving you a bunch of how to's that make me look like I know what I'm doing, I'd prefer to give you some solid advice on things that I wish I'd known before I started:

What Are You Passionate About?

If you've ever read any books about starting a business (on or offline), this one is at the top of every list. If you are wondering why I'd even mention it here, it's because with an online business, this one is magnified ten fold!
Unlike an offline business, you will have no choice but to read, write, and generally breathe everything about your niche. That means the next year or two of your life will revolve around this niche whether you feel like it or not! Whether it be article marketing, Facebooking, Blogging, or simple content creation you need to become an "expert" at your niche, or you won't be found.

To read the complete Hubpage, click here:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Starting-An-Online-Store-What-Nobody-Tells-You

Yours truly,
Bob & Patsy



For baby gifts and more check out our online store: Champagne Baby.
For baby shower resources check out our Baby Shower Planning Guide

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.