Monday, September 1, 2008

Vaccines: DO or DON'T ???

As of new parents, a lot of decisions will have to be made. Some are a no brainer, while others could be a life changing event. One of the most important decision that could affect the health of your baby is about vaccination.

I remember, our daughter was a few hours old, when the nurse asked us about the hepatitis B vaccine. Now, our little girl will be a year old this week. Which means that we have another visit to the doctor coming up. And what comes with the visit? Vaccination. Well, maybe we are late, but my husband and I start to wondering about all these vaccinations. I know we should of done our homework a little bit earlier, but it's better now than never! I just watched a video with Jenny McCarthy talking about her son's recovery from autism:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mccarthy.autsimtreatment/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

In that video, she pointed out that in the 1980's, children received 10 vaccines by age 5, but today, they are given 36 immunizations, most of them by age 2. She is not saying that the vaccines caused it, but they played a role in her son's autism. While we'll keep searching for answers, I would love to have comments, suggestions or actual stories to help us take the right decision for us! So what do you think about vaccines?

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.