Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Loosing weight after a pregnancy.

I have to admit that I am a firm believer of healthy diet and exercises are the key to a lot of problems we have as adult. Lack of energy, obesity, mood swing, you name it!

I have been "working out", on and off, for over 10 years now. Before that, I was in school, doing all the sports I could. Before I got pregnant, I was on my way to get my "perfect body", again! I was doing very good, until the big news! Then, for the next couple of months, I kind of "let go", what's the point? I'll get fat anyway! (The fact that I was feeling sick all day long wasn't helping...) But after my first trimester, I started to work out again. I kept myself in shape, as much as I could. My labor went very well, and I am convinced that stay in shape and stay active while my pregnancy helped a lot!

But now, over a year later, should I still try to get that "perfect body"??? You know what's funny? Last week, I took all my measurements; weight, body fat, hips, etc... Guess what? It wasn't as bad as I thought. OK! Let's face it! Before, if I stopped working out and not paying attention to what I eat for 3 weeks, I felt it! The cottage cheese was coming out, my pouch was getting bigger, you get the picture... Well, that's how bad I have been for a long time. So you can imagine how shocked I was when I turned out to be 10 pounds lighter than expected!!! That mean, I have half the battle won already:-) But how did that happened???

Well, I guess going up and down the steps 10 millions times a day with a 25 pound baby in your arms will make a difference! Anyway, maybe I'm not as fat as I thought, but I'm definitely not the person I used to be; full of energy and positive. So that's why, as of yesterday, I started my new life! I am doing the "Body for Life" program. It worked good for me in the past, so I'm trying it again!

So I have decided that, to help me out (and maybe you too), I will come here every week and talk about my progress, struggle, and everything else. On that note, I'm better go get some sleep. I need to get up early to go run in the morning!

See you next week! (by the way, the "Body for Life" program is a 12 weeks program. You should go check it out at: http://www.bodyforlife.com )

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.