Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The things we hope to never have to deal with: RECALLS

I received my weekly newsletter from "parenting.com" today, and the first thing it says is: "Scary Recalls You Need To Know About". I'm telling you, as I read those words, my heart dropped, I had to go pick it back up from the basement! Seriously, recall is one thing as a mom, and now as a baby store business owner, that I NEVER want to deal with. Of course, reality might slap me in the face, but in the mean time, I'm trying to stay informed.

First, here's the link from the parenting.com article: Recent Product Safety Recalls. Now, let me tell you what I do to make my life easier; I made myself a short list of sites that I go to check on recalls. Here they are:
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Baby Center
- Child Restraint Recalls by Manufacturer

The main thing with baby products, or any kind of products for that matter, is to register your item as soon as you get it. It takes 5 minutes, and you won't regret it! OK, you might receive some promotional letters or emails out of the deal, but at least they will let you know of any recall regarding your product.

Let's just hope that none of us have to deal with any recalls.

Talk to you later and God bless!

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.