Friday, July 9, 2010

Am I too old to have a baby?

Well, obviously not, because I'm pregnant! But what I mean is, now that I am 37, today ;-), I'm past the 35 years old cap, so it would appear that I am at "risk"!

I had my first appointment yesterday, didn't see the doctor, but I talked with a very nice nurse that explained to me everything that I need to expect. And one big chunk of this meeting was about the fact that I am over 35. Hearing the words "being at risk" when you're pregnant is not really what you want to hear! It would appear that there is more options for us to do more testings; ultra-sound, amnion, genetic test, etc... I lost track of everything she said, but bottom line it's nice to see that all this is available (and that the insurance will take care of it :-) but also, it was a little bit overwhelming.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody went through this whole process? I'm just not sure what to expect. I feel pretty confident that being 37 is not gonna be a problem. I think of myself as a pretty healthy person; still work out and eat good (must of the time ;-) so as long as I keep being active and eat healthy, I should be fine, right?

Anyway, I feel younger at heart and everybody thinks I'm 27 instead of 37... so bring it on baby!

About Me

My photo
Lees Summit, MO, United States
I'm a wife and mother of one and a small business owner (Champagne Baby). We focus on helping first-time parents by being honest and practical with our topics and our products.